We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required; MSEE preferred
- Six or more years experience in the engineering and design of electrical systems in a project team environment with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants; Experience must include the selection of equipment, materials, control philosophy, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications
- Experience is required with electrical system design including medium and low voltage distribution systems (transformers, generators, motors), communication systems, equipment selection, and analytical calculations
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented approach to work
- Capable of being badged for unescorted access to a nuclear station
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PE license preferred
- Construction and start-up experience a plus
- SRO or RO training is a plus
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.