Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE with a power systems or controls emphasis from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- 8 or more years experience with a focus on protection / control / telecommunications for high voltage substations; including design, installation, and coordination.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- PE license
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for relay calculations.
- Experience with the design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: SKM, ETAP, ASPEN, CDEGS, or vendor software.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards, such as NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI.
- Experience with various vendor protective relay equipment typically used in substation protection, including SEL, ABB, GE, Areva, and Basler.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Prior experience is desirable to include in-line, bus and equipment protection, breaker, transformer and similar equipment control, RTU and data concentrator based SCADA systems, telemetering and communications (fiber optics, microwave, power line carrier, etc.).
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience.
- Construction and start-up experience.
- Testing or commissioning experience.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.