Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly professional and experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of materials, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design
- As a member of an engineering and design team, you will work on a wide range of power plant projects creating calculations to develop structural document designs, and preparing technical specifications. Additionally, you will conduct structural analyses, which include complex loading conditions such as wind, seismic, and pressurization.
- Using our state-of-the-art computer tools, you will perform the structural analysis and design of steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment and piping supports, and foundations
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews, and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSCE or MSCE from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program with a strong academic background and interest in behavior of materials, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design
- Related engineering internship or co-op work experience
- Knowledge of the practical application of structural engineering including loads analysis for structural supports, and design integrity
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, and designation as an Engineer in Training
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for Structural Engineering calculations
- Two or more years related experience in analysis and design of steel structures and concrete foundations for power plants or heavy industrial facilities
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: MathCad, STAAD PRO, SAP2000, SAFE, STRUDL, or ANSYS
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS