Sargent & Lundy has provided comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
S&L's Nuclear Power Business Group is looking to hire a Drafter to support our teams in the Wilmington, DE office.
- This position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your drafting skills, while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other designers and/or engineers in the preparation of design drawings based on design input.
- Additionally, you will receive training in Sargent & Lundy’s award-winning, industry-recognized proprietary design databases.
- You will be involved in creating master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- You may accompany and assist experienced designers on walkdowns at client facilities to gather information for your design project.
- While interfacing with vendors and construction contractors, you may be given the opportunity to explain your drawings so appropriate design adjustments can be made.
- Must be able to obtain unescorted access to a nuclear facility.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate’s Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 5 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
- Basic knowledge of standard computer drafting tools (i.e. MicroStation or AutoCAD).
- Ability to multi-task from project to project.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design
- Experience using AutoCad and Microstation software.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS