Sargent & Lundy is a worldwide leader in professional services for the electric power industry. Our distinctive capabilities provide domestic and international clients and partners with a thoroughly reliable source of comprehensive expertise. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates employees to build careers within our company.
Rapid expansion of our business in Canada has created an opportunity for an engineering manager to get in on the ground floor of an opportunity to open and grow an office in Calgary. The position would include marketing, business development, and coordination of work with our corporate office.
Reporting to the Project Director, this role will be primarily accountable for project development and growing the office. You would be responsible for integrating the new office and staff members with the home office. This includes design and efficiency of business processes and procedures. Mentoring and training new employees.
Other duties include: Interfacing with existing company resources to increase business development opportunities within Alberta; managing external relationships with engineering consultants and contractors, as well as joint venture relationships and executing project work plans.
* Must possess a Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline.
* 15+ years of experience in the design of engineering systems for non-commercial, heavy industrial plants (power preferred), with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, modifications, or replacements. Experience must include the selection of equipment, control philosophy and the preparation of calculations and specifications.
* Extensive experience managing large engineering projects including combined cycle and co-generation
* Experience leading business development efforts to capture work.
* Extensive knowledge and applied experience in all aspects of project engineering & design.
* Experience serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to create and motivate staff.
* Experience in reviewing design drawings.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Extensive work experience in Alberta is essential.
* P.Eng License preferred.
* Highly preferred but not required is experience in construction and start-up.
Software Powered by iCIMS