For more than 125 years...
Sargent & Lundy has provided comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, analysis, and project services for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a large, highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to effectively execute the largest projects as well as highly specialized tasks. We reliably meet our clients' most complex challenges with strategic solutions that help define the power industry landscape of the future.
Client development and marketing including presentations to clients. Business development, including developing proposals to establish power generation clients for the expansion into new territories.
- Manage external relationships with engineering consultants and contractors, as well as joint venture relationships.
- Maintain and develop opportunities listing for multiple company groups.
- Interface with existing company resources to improve business development in Alberta.
Office and project development responsibilities including the management of engineering project teams.
- Serve as Project Manager from time to time and execute project work.
- Integrate the new office and staff with Sargent & Lundy LLC home office as applicable to technical skills, projects, and client pursuits.
- Mentor and train staff. Conduct staff performance reviews and create development plans in support of the directors.
- There is the potential to oversee the growth of support staff over time
Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program.
- 15+ years of experience in the design of engineering systems for non-commercial, heavy industrial plants (power preferred), with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, modifications, or replacements; Experience must include the selection of equipment, control philosophy, and the preparation of calculations and specifications.
- Extensive experience in managing medium to large engineering projects including combined cycle and cogeneration.
- Experience leading business development efforts to capture work is essential.
- Extensive knowledge and applied experience in all aspects of project engineering design.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to create and motivate staff is a must.
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive work experience in Alberta is essential.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
- Peng license preferred.
- Project Management Professional certification is a plus.
Software Powered by iCIMS