Sargent & Lundy is a worldwide leader in professional services for the electric power industry. Our distinctive capabilities provide domestic and international clients with a reliable source of comprehensive expertise. Sargent & Lundy offers challenge, flexibility, competitive salaries and benefits.
- Challenging assignments that include the design of structural supports and foundations, and investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of structural design issues.
- Generate structural design schematics.
- Act as the structural design team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of an integrated structural design model.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other designers and project team members to ensure a complete and timely design.
- Independently plan and execute structural design deliverables.
- There may be the opportunity to conduct field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Ten or more years of detailed design experience in the development of structural steel design and reinforced concrete design drawings.
- Experience in the review of structural layout drawings involving steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment and piping supports, foundations, and rebar detailing.
- Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process.
- Capable of being badged for unescorted access to a nuclear station.
Valued but not required experience:
- Power industry experience preferred.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law
Software Powered by iCIMS