Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, and analysis for electric power and power generation projects.
We have a highly experienced engineering staff solely dedicated to working on energy projects. We have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks to the largest projects.
If you are interested in working in the energy business for an industry leader with an outstanding group of clients, consider joining Sargent & Lundy.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing power plant controls systems.
You will work on interesting and challenging projects that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical controls engineering issues.
You will be afforded the opportunity to:
- Assist the project lead in efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including digital controls applications.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others, including calculations and drawings.
- Enhance your career via participation in professional Communities of Practice.
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
Six or more years of experience in the design of instrumentation and controls engineering systems in a project team environment for non-commercial, heavy industrial plants, with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for modifications or upgrades to existing nuclear power plants.
Experience must include the selection of equipment, materials, control philosophy, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications.
Experience with controls system design including applications for low and medium voltage distribution systems and controls for equipment such as turbines, pumps, feedwater controls, and data displays.
Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
Experience with serving as the firm's client liaison in a support or leading engineering role.
Experience in reviewing design drawings.
PE license is preferred, but not required.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS