Sargent & Lundy has provided comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
- This entry-level position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your structural/civil drafting skills, while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other designers and/or engineers in the preparation of design drawings based on design input.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your computer-aided drafting skills, while receiving hands-on training in 3D design software environments, such as AutoCAD 3D and/or MicroStation. Additionally, you will receive training in Sargent & Lundy’s award-winning, industry-recognized proprietary design databases.
- You will be involved in creating master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- You may accompany and assist experienced designers on walkdowns at client facilities to gather information for your design project.
- While interfacing with vendors and construction contractors, you may be given the opportunity to explain your drawings so appropriate design adjustments can be made.
Essential skills and experience:
Valued but not required skills and experience:
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS