Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSCE (MSCE preferred) from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program.
- Six or more years of working as a member of a project team environment in the design of non-commercial, heavy industrial plants, with a focus on the analysis of steel structures and concrete foundations and supports for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants. Experience must include the selection of structural materials and the review and preparation of specifications.
- Experience in writing and providing support documentation for Structural Engineering calculations.
- Technically knowledgeable of the practical application of structural engineering including analysis for structural supports, loads, and design integrity.
- Experience with the design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models for industrial plants.
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: MathCad, STAAD PRO, SAP2000, SAFE, STRUDL, or ANSYS.
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
- PE license preferred.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.